Welcome to Basingstoke and Deane’s new online marketplace, where you can sell your products, services, artwork and designs.
Our aim with this exciting new platform is to support local businesses in establishing new income streams and benefit from the marketing activities we will provide driving visitors to the marketplace and in turn online stores.
If you already sell from your website, you can continue to do so and come onboard as an advertiser rather than a vendor. The solution is there to assist local businesses in making the leap to online sales, help streamline sales processes and provide marketing opportunities.
An online shop can be used for businesses selling products or services, pubs and restaurants offering takeaway or requiring a system to use in their establishment and services like hair and beauty salons to sell gift vouchers.
The shop allows for you to post, deliver or have a collection service for your products.
What is in it for you?
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council will reimburse participating businesses with any sales commission and transaction fees charged by the online payment solution up to the first £500 generated in sales or after three months of trading.
- IncuHive Business Incubation Services will provide you with business and online trading advice to help you on your journey.
- We will be promoting the platform and your shop through the Love Basingstoke and partners’ marketing channels.
- You can stop at any time.
We have created a tiered cost model based on the sales you get from the platform as below:
Free up to £500 or three months
You will be able to invoice Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to claim back Stripe sales commission and transaction costs (1.4% + 20p) incurred by selling your products up until you’ve reached a total of £500 in sales or have had an account with us for three months.
£501 to £1,000 sales
6% sales commission + 20p per transaction
8% sales commission + 20p per transaction
Sales above £1,000
Good to know
- Businesses registered in Basingstoke and Deane are eligible to join and you can check whether you qualify by entering your postcode on Find My Council.
- We use Stripe as the online payment facility. You will create your own account and be fully in control of your own shop. The agreement you will have with them is through Stripe Connect and the Stripe Connect Platform Agreement.
- The store owner is responsible for all elements of the delivery, and you will be able to add delivery costs to items.
- Please see the Vendor Terms and Conditions for more information.
Ready to join? Please complete our Vendor Store Setup Form or email email@example.com for more information.
I’m already selling online, can I use The Borough Basket?
Yes, we’d love to have you on board. If you are already selling online via your own website or existing marketplace platforms like Etsy, Deliveroo or eBay you can join us as an advertiser.
Join us as a listing on the marketplace
- It is free for three months.
- After this period we’ll likely charge around £9 per month for you to stay on.
- No obligations until after three months, see if it works for you first.
- We can upload you instantly: just send over an image, short description and link to your existing shop to firstname.lastname@example.org.